Anonymous asked: wtf
Linux Command Goodies
Back from the latest escapade into the territory of wild forest cheat sheet, the hero emerged with a new commando goodie in his belt. Seriously though, I found some cool shit:
The LS|SED grenade:
“…Display file names without extension - this is very useful in conjunction with the for loop to perform some operation each file and specify the output filename with a different extension…”
ls -1 | sed -e ‘s/.[a-zA-Z*]*$//’
Thats all I had time for this morning, see you later.
So much crap (on iPhone SDK Books)
Since my new OOO project is programming for the iPhone, I’ve been reading and researching iPhone Programming material. Here’s what I found so far:
- Working on the mac (borrowed) is wonderful! I can’t get enough of it.. I think it’s the font rendering + osx.
- Reading iPhone “quickfix” books is awful. You feel like you’ve read through a whole book of interesting tutorials but haven’t really grasped how all those delegates, controllers, views and datasources connect (and yes i mean MVC is poorly emphasized).
- Lots of books to chose but which ones are good? This is what i found available on the net: *if you know: tell me*
- iPhone SDK Programming, A Beginner’s Guide - p9
- Objective-C_for_Absolute_Beginners - done
- AppleScript Language Guide
- Beginning iPhone Development - Exploring the iPhone SDK
- Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X, Third Edition
- Iphone In Action - Introduction to Web and SDK Development
- Iphone SDK Application Development, 1st Edition
- Learn Objective-C on the Mac
- Learn Xcode Tools for Mac OS X and iPhone Development (Learn Series)
- More iPhone 3 Development - Tackling iPhone SDK 3
- Professional iPhone and iPod Touch Programming
- The Objective-C 2.0 Programming Language
- The iPhone Developer’s Cookbook
- Xcode 3 unleashed
- iPhone Advanced Projects
- iPhone Forensics Recovering Evidence, Personal Data, and Corporate Assets
- iPhone Games Projects
- iPhone User Interface Design Projects
- iPhone_and_iPad_in_Action - p68
- The O’Reilly iPhone programming books read the best so far but suffer from the same problems (and I found them only as an iPhone app. need to buy hardcopy)
- You can try out your app on the device without developer license (Developing for a Jailbroken iPhone A to Z (iOS 4.0.1) « alexwhittemore.com) and save 99$.
- http://icodeblog.com/ has nice walkthroughs, have yet to try one (they date back to July 2008)
- The stanford university has some nice Lectures! on the subject
I will update here as soon as I read some more books or find cool resources.
everyone: feel free to add more/less in comments
What the hellzz!
That damn bot made me write my first post and I didn’t even mean to answer his stupid question. Oh well, might as well continue saying something important - in come the geekiness!
Must try this: http://fak3r.com/2009/09/14/howto-build-your-own-open-source-dropbox-clone/ apparently you can
edit: I was gonna stop there but had to say something in case anyone listens (or actually, and much more probable, that I look here again a sometime later):: If all blogging actually is is reposting other articles it does make you feel kind of useless (and boring), so you really gotta find something interesting to say or dear ego boy will get hurt…
I’ll post another one so the source will change a bit…
tumblrbot asked: WHAT IS YOUR EARLIEST HUMAN MEMORY?
Hard to remember anything that early, since i wasn’t alive yet… I guess the ability to craft prehistoric weapons could be when we became human. Oh wait, you were asking me as in *me* not me as in *the human race* .. i always get confused - geez!